At present, the development of the entire industrial production is characterized by a wide variety of products, fast updates, and fierce market competition. In order to meet the user's urgent requirements for short lead time, high precision and low cost of mold manufacturing, the mold will inevitably have the following development trends:
(1) The mold design is developed from the empirical design stage to the theoretical calculation and calculator-assisted design;
(2) CAD/CAE/CAM technology is widely used in the molding industry, making the mold structure more scientific and reasonable, greatly improving the precision of mold processing, shortening the mold design and processing cycle, and reducing product development time;
(3) Multi-functional composite molds will be further developed;
(4) Multi-color and multi-material plastic molding molds will also develop rapidly. This mold shortens the production cycle and assembly cycle of the product, and will be developed and applied in different fields in the future;
(5) With the development of hot runner technology, the proportion of hot runner molds in plastic molds will gradually increase. Since the mold using the hot runner technology can improve the productivity and quality of the workpiece, and can greatly save the raw materials of the workpiece, the hot runner technology has developed rapidly in foreign countries and has become very common;
(6) With the continuous improvement and development of plastic molding processes, gas-assisted molds and molds suitable for high-pressure injection molding will develop. The precision of plastic parts is divided into three types: dimensional accuracy, geometric precision and appearance accuracy (ie, gloss, hue, etc.). In order to achieve these precisions, high-pressure injection molding processes and molds, as well as injection compression molding processes and molds, will continue to be studied.
In injection molding, the biggest factor affecting the forming accuracy is molding shrinkage, which can reduce the shrinkage of the resin and increase the stability of the plastic size. The mold requires good rigidity and high pressure resistance. Especially the cavity of the precision mold should be quenched, the gate sealing performance is good, and the mold temperature should be accurately controlled.
Gas-assisted molding technology is relatively mature, it can improve the internal and appearance quality of plastic parts, and has the advantages of low injection pressure, small deformation of products and easy to form products with large difference in wall thickness, and can save raw materials and improve workpiece productivity. , thereby greatly reducing costs.
(7) With the development of lightweight products such as vehicles and motors, the proportion of die-casting molds will continue to rise, and at the same time, higher and higher requirements will be placed on the life and complexity of die-casting molds.
(8) With the further development of plastic-made steel and plastic-based wood, the proportion of plastic molds will continue to increase. At the same time, due to the complexity and precision of mechanical parts, the requirements for plastic molds will be more and more high. The technical content of the mold will continue to increase, and the proportion of medium and high-grade molds will continue to increase.